THE ERAMUS + «ALLTOURIST» PROJEC
The project is included in KEY ACTION 2: COOPERATION FOR INNOVATION AND THE EXCHANGE OF GOOD PRACTICES and is based on developing, recognizing and validating a consistent training action in a Transversal Competence (Horizontal priority in the Strategy association framework for education, training and youth) in the European Qualifications Framework (MEC) for a new professional profile of “social tourism specialist Technician”.
- Diagnose the knowledge (competences) that future social tourism professionals in Europe should have.
- To obtain recognition from the Spanish Qualifications Institute (ideally also in the partner countries of the project).
- Design the necessary materials so that the training centers can develop this training (manuals, materials, etc).
- Testing the suitability of the proposal through pilot courses in partner countries.
- Disseminate, promote and make accessible our proposal through universal means of dissemination and accessible to all types of users (including people with disabilities).
ENTERPRISE SOCIAL RESPONSIBILITY in all its aspects, with a special emphasis in what is related to job practise, community and financial integration.
SOLIDARITY, mainly related to an economic, social and physical approach of the holidays.
SUSTAINABILITY with a special emphasis in the participation of local sectors in the resources management, waste management and environmental planning of their final destination.
TRANSVERSALITY to be included in both the general politics and tourist development ones.
It is aimed that at the end of the process this unit of competence is recognized as a Professional Qualification for the partners’ countries and for the rest of Europe through the Europass.
The European Commission within its tourism European politics considers the following themes: accessibility, sustainability and responsibility in its contents.
In fact, it mentions its interest in 2 of its 4 priorities:
- Promote the development of sustainable, responsible and high quality tourism.
- Strengthen the image of Europe as a collection of sustainable and high quality destinations.
Among the initiatives similar to this one, we have to stand out the Calypso Project, which supports the travelling of European groups of people with economical and physical disadvantages. Although the European Parliament has published a number of resolutions about this theme, the carried actions are still not enough to cover the needs, and there is a lack of a wide Framework of Reference to facilitate the interinstitutional coordination in this field.
This project is needed because, up to now, the training for the tourism in all the countries is done mainly from the economic and business perspective, but the social tourism is not looked at as a subject and even less, it is not seen from a transversal conception as we want to propose it in this “AllTourist” project.
The European Union needs the training of professionals in social tourism who are able to develop, implement and coordinate their priorities in tourism politics.
Governments, administrations and public and private entities which have among their goals, social politics able to get a benefit from the good practice in the social tourism and in the globalization and dissemination of their principles.
Managers, professionals, agencies and companies, which need technicians with a specific training in this field.
Educational Authorities, universities, vocational training schools, training centres, teachers and skills training schools that have among their objectives, the educational innovation in terms of tourism or the knowledge in new working possibilities.
Tourism students, youngsters in age of training, professionals with the need to updating and recycling towards new types of (social) tourism.
Local and/or rural development associations, priority development areas that see new opportunities for employment and economic development in the social tourism.
Innovative touristic products and destinations: cultural routes, alternative tourism, ecotourism, solidarity tourism that have often been apart from the populated areas that were potentially users of the social tourism.
Traditional touristic destinations which want to get tourism all year round, not only in the high seasons.
Families, social exclusion groups, elderly, youngsters, …disabled people who would see their possibilities of human development and leisure increased by the wider and better accessibility of the touristic offers and a higher quality and adaptation of the products to the profile of these sectors.
Tourism is by definition, a transnational phenomenon. We design the “AllTourist” project as a tool to allow the development of European politics throughout a professional qualification being recognised and valid in the countries of the association and in a European level through the Europass. To achieve this goal it is needed to get to know the context of the countries in the EU. The social tourism is in a moment in which it is needed to make its key actors aware. Carrying on a transnational European project in this subject ensures a higher dissemination of it and increases the needed actions to take forward the European politics mentioned previously.
The project is innovative in its topics and contents because:
a) although the demand of social tourism will increase highly in the next few years, at the moment the training for the tourism in all the countries is made mainly from the economy and business perspective. There is a high and repetitive offer of technical, university and masters training programs. BUT PROPOSALS AND QUALIFICATIONS FOR THE SOCIAL TOURISM TRAINING HAVE NOT BEEN DETECTED, NEITHER AT AN EUROPEAN LEVEL NOR IN THEIR MEMBER COUNTRIES, as we propose in the AllTourist project.
b) If training was made possible in these essential aspects of the arising tourism, it would be possible to establish a line of professional thinking, which is needed in all the countries, about the real contribution of the tourism to the development in the European countries and in the new destinations where the Europeans travel nowadays in a massive way.
c) It embraces themes not proposed up to now in a structured way, as it is the thought about the content of the touristic activities. This is a worry that has originated the various alternative proposals of tourism which call the attention of the tourism managers at an international level as a result of a need to generate a study of the tourism that goes further than the simple commercial management of the enterprises related to the tourism. These themes are those related to the meaning of the trip/journey, which is something that is important in the social tourism but not in the commercial tourism.
d) The social tourism embraces innovative commercial areas such as the fair trade, but also and above all, heritage, educational, cultural exchange and social and familiar integration themes. All these things must be considered in the training program.
e) Finally, opposite to the training programmes for the tourism trade, it is advisable to include the ethic thought that involves the world tourism movement and which is based on the tourism world ethic code, promoted from the Social Tourism International Organization and developed together with the Tourism World Organization.
The project is innovative in its methodology because:
f) It will be developed in a coherent and sample way with the principles and methodologies that it intends disseminate, so the work and final documents will be reachable for disable people.
g) The competence unit will be developed in the following format: “Open Educational Resources” (OER) in different languages of the European Union, facilitating its access to many interested target groups in the teaching sector and in others related to the human development.
h) The transversal competence will promote and give tools to many different sectors to start creative destinations through the development of the abilities, thoughts and knowledge towards that social tourism.
A training program for the social tourism will be different from any other one in the fact that, as it establishes the Montreal Declaration of the Social Tourism International Organization, it is a focus of study based on the society and the people and not on money or business.
The professional qualified in this training program will be a manager of the human development throughout the tourism and not a tourism operator or an investment manager. She/he will have a wider vision, to design solutions at a micro-enterprise level of development of appropriate products to the needs of the target public, and at a macro strategic level in the development of public politics for communitarian development throughout the tourism.
The needed materials to develop this are:
- Information about target groups from the social tourism, understood as the target groups of the internal development: families, youngsters and adults mainly. In this case the disable population are of course included and also some population parts in disadvantage but never in an exclusive way.
- A study of the tourism phenomenon as a chain of processes in which each stage affects to the target of the foreseen results. That includes from the plan of the areas to be used, the building of infrastructures, until the design of products and the dissemination and promotion of them.
- Information about good practice of sustainability and entrepreneur or institutional social responsibility related to the theme.
- Information per each country about the barriers that make difficult the inclusion to the tourism in the world.
- Also the conventional statistics information helps to create an interest for this purpose.
With this help, the professional of a social tourism program will have the tools to establish development proposals for specific projects reaching the needs and expectations of different target groups as families with children, groups of elder people, youngsters of different ages with an interest in taking holidays with a charitable, cultural, ecological, rural type in a correct way, by the ethic code of the tourism and the development of the person.
THESE MATERIALS WILL ALLOW THE DEVELOPMENT OF THE DIFFERENT THEMES:
SOCIAL VISION OF THE TOURISM, according to the humanist values that originated the birth of the European Union and the concept of the OITS (Social Tourism International Organization), which explains this tourism as “a society forger”, as it compromises necessarily in the fight against the inequality and the exclusion of all those who have a different culture, have minimum economic resources, have different physical capacities or live in a developing country. All this involves the definition of the tourism social politics, the establishment of new infrastructures, the development of systems of help for people in need, training of staff, … among others.
ENTERPRENEUR SOCIAL RESPONSIBILITY in all its aspects, with special emphasis in the working placement, communitarian insertion, respect to the ethic fiscal and local population identity.
SOLIDARITY, especially related to the economical, social and physic access to the holidays.
SUSTAINABILITY with a special emphasis in the participation of the local sectors in the resources management, waste management and environmental planning of their final destination.
INFORMATION, TRAINING AND AWARENES of the whole chain that forms the tourism sector, including the national and transnational politics, the operators and the tourists for them all to respect the environment and the population of the target destinations.
TRANSVERSALITY for the inclusion in the general politics and in the touristic development. Transversality of concepts that promote, make easier and include the social tourism.
PRODUCTS AND ACTIVITIES OF ALLTOURIST
Study and analysis about the professional families and existing qualifications in Europe to adapt the Transversal Competence.
Study and analysis about the professional families and existing qualifications in Europe to adapt the Transversal Competence.
Professional Qualifications of Level 1,2 and 3 form the following professional families:
– Tourism and restaurant and hotel Business.
– Safety and environment, for the importance of Nature and protected areas.
– Sociocultural services to the community, for the social perspective.
– Sporty and physic activities, for their direct relation with the nature and active tourism.
– Cultural management, for the need of the coherent infrastructure and environmentally sustainable.
– Arquitecture and urbanism, for the need of accessible and coherent infrastructures.
Methodology: Study the information about the professional sectors, employment and training in Europe for the establishment of the observational campus and apply a functional analysis methodology. Then the general competence and the professional environment will be defined; then, the training modules associated in terms of capacities will be defined.
Tasks and methodology: Research in the European Qualification Institutes to establish the levels and general competences needed to design the Unit of Competence, and prepare it according to the European professional backgrounds already existing and others of future creation, due to the arising character of the professional background in the Social Tourism. Study the information about the professional sectors, the employment and the training in Europe for the preparation of the observational area and apply a methodology of functional analysis. This research is also needed to design a transversal competence, which complete other existing units in the actual touristic training context and in other professions related to it (Arquitecture or cultural management, for instance).Work seminaries to determine a competence adaptable to the real European diversity.Definition of the general competence and the professional background; and lastly, we explain the training modules related in terms of capacities. Publishing in the social media to facilitate inputs from professionals, teachers and students not related directly to AllTourist.
- – No. of families, qualifications, profiles and professional contexts.
- – No. of countries studied and analyzed.
- – number of units of competences and training modules.
- – number of stakeholder consulted.
- – Public education and certification entities consulted.
Development of the transversal competence as “HORIZON 2020 social tourism specialist technician”: Full Curriculum with all the training modules and defining the professional profile and key competences.
Definition of the educational levels at a level of vocational training.
1) Foundation, base and objectives of the social tourism.
2) Social tourism as a way of human development and “forger element of the society”.
3) Target public of the social tourism. Psychology applied to the social tourism.
4) The integrated dimension of the social tourism: the economic, social and physic accessibility of the holidays.
5) The sustainable dimension of the social tourism: the participation of the local actors in the management of the resources, waste management, territorial regulation and environmental pacification of the destinations.
6) The social tourism as an opportunity and a new labour market and social and economical development.
7) The information, training and awareness of all the chain that forms the touristic phenomenon, including the national and transnational politics the operators and the tourist themselves to respect the environment and the population of the destinations.
8) New ways of tourism: alternative, sensible, ecotourism, etc.
9) HORIZON 2020and R&D+I as an employment opportunity in the touristic context.
10) Module practicum in enterprises: dual training/in situ. Analyse the possibilities of continuous updating of the new professional competence, collecting the own learning of the professional training, the labour insertion actions of the European workers and the continuous training in the enterprises of the sector. Finally, prepare the training offer, which will allow getting the vocational training titles, the professional certificates and the module training offer related to the innovative and new unit of competence, as well as other adapted to the sector.
Tasks and methodology:
1. A meeting is expected at the end of October 2016 in Jaén to prepare a first draft of the AGREEMENT or prior agreement between the 5 partners and a meeting with representatives of tourism institutions, professional training and inclusion and social intervention: Objective : SWOT (SWOT – Strengths, Weaknesses, Opportunities and Threats) on the implementation of social tourism policies and good practices and their training proposals.
2. Another meeting with the General Directorate of Vocational Training responsible for the National Qualification Institute at the regional level. Objective: To establish the professional families and the specific professional qualifications of the new training modules to be part of the new Cross-Competence Unit of «HORIZON 2020 specialist in social tourism.»
3. Seminar of work with the European partners in Italy.
4. Each partner will organize national seminars in search of the diffusion of the work and in search of new inputs.
5. Opening of participation channels with at least 25 associations involved in order to achieve the inputs and the dissemination of the activity.
6. Development of professional competence through «online» and Skype work platforms.
7. Dissemination in the media to facilitate the contribution of professionals, professors and students not directly related to the AllTourist.
8. Investigation of community regulations 2014-2020: report on the potential of job creation in rural areas and the entrepreneurial spirit. Quantitative: – No. of community regulations consulted: regulations, directives, community initiatives. – number of stakeholder consulted in each of the 4 countries. Qualitative: conclusions on the creation of employment and direct relationship with the 2014-2020 strategies: HORIZON 2020.
Training course structured for the evaluation and testing of the new competence.
Objective and methodology:
To demonstrate that the curricular design of the training modules and the transversal competence matches the needs of the stakeholders of the touristic sector and the socio educational intervention committed since the beginning of the project.
It will evaluate mainly: a) the accuracy of the training modules; b) the methodology of the dual system of the practicum in situ as well as the pedagogic materials used in these practicum; c) the validation and testing of the resources OPEN EDUCATIONAL RESOURCES «AllTourist» (OER); d) Definition of the results and products to be included in the ICT Platform to encourage the on line training in the rural areas and last, e) achieve the Quality and permanent Evaluation Plan of the project with the foreseen questionnaires and surveys.
The 5 courses will be conducted by the partners in their countries of origin.
It will be divided in 4 modules:
1) One first initial and in situ module, with a more theoretical content.
2) A module of student personal work mentored by a teacher or technician for one of the project partners.
3) A theoretical project for one institution or enterprise, based on its personal work, also mentored by a teacher or technician for one of the project partners. This project should be the base of a dual/in situ training later activity, where the student will undertake the guided practicum in an enterprise.
4) A module of evaluation for the student and for the received training.
For the selection of the 20 students of the testing structured training course, each one of the 5 partners will get in touch with more than 450 possible beneficiaries:
a) Touristic training centres, socio-educational intervention, formal or non formal and associations of heritage interpretation, cultural routes that work in vocational training, tourism development or social business.
b) Local Action Groups (LEADER Projects) who looks for alternatives in sustainable tourism.
c) Social tourism institutions, tour operators, different tourism companies with different sizes.
d) Regional and National educational authorities for homologation and public organisms that need professionals in social tourism (town halls, municipal cameras, regional authorities, local actions groups, social intervention actions)
4) Indirect beneficiaries through INTELLECTUAL OUTPUTS who are up to date through the ICT (Facebook, Website, Linkedin, New Letter. they will be approximately 2200 indirect beneficiaries:
a) Young people (under 30 years old), men and women, who are looking for a labour alternative which will allow them to develop a social and liable compromise.
b) Workers of tourism and restaurant and hotel business who need updating in their jobs.
c) Town halls, enterprises and professionals in areas with a strong high season full of tourism but who need to expand the working seasons to increase the tourism occupation.
d) Institutions and enterprises that promote touristic innovative projects.
e) Trainers and technicians of vocational training.
f) Employees from public, regional and local administrations.
5) In the multiplier events foreseen for each one of the 5 partners we estimate the participation of 125 indirect beneficiaries.
6) The making of the OPEN EDUCATIONAL RESOURCES «AllTourist» (OER) with its documents and multimedia material for the teaching (INTELLECTUAL OUTPUTS), for the learning, evaluation and research carried out by the project AllTourist; its main characteristic is that they will be free access and under open licence of public domain. It is calculated 2375 indirect beneficiaries.
PEDAGOGIC MATERIALS FOR THE STUDENTS: DUAL TRAINING/IN SITU.
The methodology starts with an innovative pedagogic focus based on learning in the classroom and by practising in situ in the enterprise; joining Theory and practise. The practicum or work experience as part of the study is considered one of the important facts of the students learning, as this dual model in situ brings to the companies parts of the learning processes making these companies an essential part of the learning process for the students. It allows blend the training in enterprises and in classrooms integrating in a better way the technical, social and transversal competences. On another hand it facilitates training and job opportunities for young people, but it also guaranties in the enterprises the needed staff with the precise qualifications to cover the needs of the productive system.
This training Theoretical-Practical is especially relevant in this case as the social tourism is an innovative proposal which has not been treated previously in a structured way and it lacks so far training modules of reference.
- The student not only acquires a technical and theoretical training but also sees a profession as a way of self-development where he/she can progress as a person.
- The vocational training with practice experience in enterprises brings to the economy not only specialists trained in the practicum areas but also it is a recipe of success for satisfactory transitions to the labour world to improve the transition from the formal and non formal education to the professional world.
- A student trained with this competence unit can open new work possibilities and have a multiplier effect of the project.
This intellectual product is a perfect complement of the previous “Testing structured training course for the evaluation and trial of the new competence”, as O4 has been designed to start to develop the project that the student will take in his/her practicum in the enterprise or applying institution.
METHODOLOGICAL GUIDE WITH OPEN EDUCATIONAL MATERIALS (OER); PUBLISHING OF THE RESULTS.
Methodological guide with the materials of OPEN EDUCATIONAL RESOURCES «AllTourist» (OER); publish of the results according to:
“Free offered digitalized materials for teachers, students and autodidacts for their own use and re-use in their teaching, learning and research. REA includes learning contents, software tools to develop, use and distribute the contents and implementation resources, such as the open licenses” (OER definition of the OCDE and UNESCO).
An innovative project in a growing area as it is the Social Tourism, needs the highest possible dissemination and access to cover the needs of the sector and achieve the social expected goal. In this way, design open educational resources gives the students the available training resources at all times and makes them accessible to youngsters without resources or institutions and enterprises with low budgets or those ones which for geographical reasons where not reached by the AllTourist project. This licence free materials design system and disseminated according the mentioned ways in this document and the multiplier events ensures a maximum impact and the potentiality of having AITS as a partner which brings 150 organisms in 36 countries. It also ensures the influence to a worldwide level and a future access to other organizations of great relevance such as OMT (Tourism Worldwide Organization).
All the materials of the different modules of the course will be designed as OER and accessible to people with different sensorial disabilities. All of them will be in a specific web, apart from the partners’ webs and will contain links to databases and interactive resources of help.
SEMINAR OF EVALUATION AMONG TOURISM SCHOOLS, INSTITUTIONS, MANAGERS AND CHARITIES.
Have to celebrate in Jaen, Spain. Fulfil the Evaluation Plan with surveys, interviews and workshops among the target groups more involved: those who will have to apply the new qualification, train the new students and its future employees as well as institutions and experts of the groups that work with the direct beneficiary sectors of the social tourism, which are the sectors with less resources.
RECOGNITION AND VALIDATION:
The AllTourist project want to use from the beginning the European Europass instruments, ECVET, ECTS or national instruments/certificates for tits dissemination to be more extended and the results to be validated in the different European countries because the project is designed to be adapted to the regulation of the EU
The 5 members of the 4 countries want to achieve the recognition of the qualification at a national/regional level through the different National Institutes of Professional Qualification (INCUAL) to achieve later on the Professional Certificate and include it in Europass to promote the mobility of the professionals in rural development at a EU level.
The different National Institutes of Professional Qualification have as responsibility the education and non formal vocational training throughout their life with a process of recognition, validation and certification of the competences to those ones who have acquire them in very different backgrounds to the regulated training ones.
The Catalogue of Professional Qualifications for levels 1,2, and 3 according to professional families is being prepared in Europe.
This new competence is transversal and it can be adapted to the training offer for the achievement of a certificate of professionalism with a modular and transversal character. This competence is conceived to support the accreditation of the received training and give the workers of the rural areas the possibility of moving forward in their itinerary of the professional training.
The AllTourist project will use the dual/in situ training to integrate the new competence in the training actions of the contracts for the training and in the programs for the public employment, employment-training, allowing the worker to do at the same time the training and the professional practicum in the job position.
The 5 partners of the 4 countries participating in the AllTourist association commit to do the needed procedures for the recognition or validation of the results of the transversal competence: “specialist technician in social tourism HORIZON 2020” by the competent educational authorities in the recognition, evaluation, accreditation and register of the professional qualifications.